How do you delete words from iPhone predictive text?
To reset your keyboard dictionary, head into your iPhone’s settings and tap on General. Scroll down till you see Reset and tap on Reset Keyboard Dictionary. You’ll then be prompted to enter your passcode (if you have one set) and then have the option to fully reset the predictive words from showing up.
How do I delete a word from predictive text?
Long press on the word in the text suggestion bar. You will be able to see a trash can with “Remove suggestion” written above it. Slide the word to the trashcan for the word to get removed from your keyboard. Once the suggestion is removed it will not appear again as a suggestion while you type.
How do you change the suggested words on iPhone?
To manage text replacement, tap Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.
- To add a text replacement, tap. , then enter your phrase and shortcut. When you’re done, tap Save.
- To remove a text replacement, tap Edit, tap. then tap Delete. To save your changes, tap Done.
How do I turn off autocorrect for certain words?
and “that good was really good,” so I fixed with these steps:
- Go into your Settings app and navigate to the General —> Keyboard section.
- Tap the button called “Add New Shortcut.”
- For both the Phrase and Shortcut, enter the word you want autocorrect to ignore.
- When you’re done, tap Save.
How do I turn off predictive text on iOS 11?
How to turn off predictive text on an iPhone via Settings
- On your iPhone’s home screen, locate and tap the Settings app.
- Tap General and then scroll down until you see the “Keyboard” option. …
- Under the “All Keyboards” header, ensure that the “Predictive” option is turned off.
Can you edit predictive text iPhone?
Unfortunately you can’t edit contents of the dictionary iOS uses for autocorrect, so once it learns a word, you are stuck with it. … In future autocorrect will use the correct word, though you’ll still have to remember to reject its suggestion when you wan to use your less frequently used term.
How do I change my predictive text?
- Tap the Apps icon from the Home screen.
- Tap Settings, then tap General management.
- Tap Language and input.
- Scroll down to “Keyboards and input methods” and tap Samsung keyboard.
- Under “Smart typing,” tap Predictive text.
- Tap the Predictive text switch to On.
Why does iPhone change my words?
A big reason autocorrect keeps changing your words is because you may not be training it to stop unwanted changes. While you’re typing a text message, you will notice a small preview that continuously appears when autocorrect wants to change a word. Essentially, the feature is asking your permission to make a change.
Why does my phone autocorrect ya to y a?
I fixed this by finding Settings > General > Keyboards > Text Replacement. I added the shortcut “ya“ with the phrase “ya “. That second ya is with a space if that’s not clear. The autocorrect pops up as “ya “ and it works every time, unless you want to put a period right after it.
Why is predictive text not working on iPhone?
You can resolve this by going to, Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary. Resetting this allows the phone to relearn the way you type and give you better predictions. Note: Resetting the keyboard dictionary does not delete any personal data on the phone. Hope this answered your question!