How do you add words to predictive text?
Add words through your settings
- Select Settings on your Android phone.
- Tap on Language and Keyboard.
- Go to the menu where you can access settings for the User dictionary (sometimes called Personal dictionary).
- Once you are there, you may manually add the words by pressing Add and then OK after typing a particular word.
How do I add words to my iPhone predictive text?
How to add words to your iPhone dictionary using Text Replacement
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Scroll down to and tap “General.”
- Open “Keyboards.”
- Tap “Text Replacement,” then the “+” sign in the top right corner.
- You can now add any words that you want your iPhone to recognize.
How do I save words in autocorrect?
Tap on the first line where it says “Type a word” and type the word or phrase you want to add to the dictionary. If all you want is an uncommon or made-up word in your dictionary (e.g., “hangry”), click the back button and you’re finished. That word will no longer get auto-corrected when you type.
Can you edit predictive text iPhone?
Unfortunately you can’t edit contents of the dictionary iOS uses for autocorrect, so once it learns a word, you are stuck with it. … In future autocorrect will use the correct word, though you’ll still have to remember to reject its suggestion when you wan to use your less frequently used term.
– Start the Settings app. – Tap « Keyboard. » – On the Keyboards page, turn « Predictive » on or off by swiping the button. It’s on when the button is swiped to the right and off when it’s to the left.
How do I get suggested words on my keyboard?
Get word suggestions & fix mistakes
- On your Android phone or tablet, install Gboard.
- Open any app that you can type with, like Gmail or Keep.
- Tap where you can enter text.
- Type a word. At the top of the keyboard, you’ll see suggestions: If you see the word you want, tap it.
Why is predictive text not working on iPhone?
You can resolve this by going to, Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary. Resetting this allows the phone to relearn the way you type and give you better predictions. Note: Resetting the keyboard dictionary does not delete any personal data on the phone. Hope this answered your question!
What are some good text replacements?
Here’s a list of the ones I’ve found most useful:
- btw—by the way.
- idk—I don’t know.
- imo—In my opinion.
- lol—haha (for those of you who loathe to use text slang)
- np—No problem.
- omw—On my way!
- rl—Running late.
How do I stop predictive text on my iPhone?
Turn off predictive text
- While editing text, touch and hold or .
- Tap Keyboard Settings, then turn off Predictive.
How do I stop AutoCorrect correcting certain words?
and “that good was really good,” so I fixed with these steps:
- Go into your Settings app and navigate to the General —> Keyboard section.
- Tap the button called “Add New Shortcut.”
- For both the Phrase and Shortcut, enter the word you want autocorrect to ignore.
- When you’re done, tap Save.
How do I add words to AutoCorrect in Windows 10?
Add entry to an AutoCorrect list
- Go to the AutoCorrect tab.
- In the Replace box, type a word or phrase that you often misspell.
- In the With box, type the correct spelling of the word.
- Select Add.
Can you teach AutoCorrect?
Photo: Courtesy Apple. If you’re too impatient for Autocorrect to learn your preferences, you can try typing in words you use frequently in Safari’s search field. This should teach Autocorrect to quit correcting those words.